Friday 6 October 2017

Things Happen in Threes.......

Things normally happen in threes and this last weekend they certainly did in very exciting ways! First of all my handsome lion 'I've Got My Eye On You' found himself a new owner and has gone off to his new home.  There are some pieces of art that I just end up getting attached to and this was one of them, but I know he has gone off to a great home and I hope he will bring lots of joy.  A sale is always amazing as its an endorsement for your work and it gives you a much needed buzz to believe in yourself.  Not only was this exciting, I also got to see my lion in the online edition of Ann Kullberg's Color Magazine!!!! Such an honour to be selected for the Showcase section as the work featured is always outstanding!  I was even more excited when my actual copy arrived through the post all the way from America.  It was a good feeling to be able to give my lovely Dad a copy and show him what I'd achieved.  


 I've Got My Eye On you

               

The excitement didn't end there, and I got to spend the day at the Big Cat Sanctuary in Kent.  It's one of my favourite places and I got to spend the day on one of Vic Bearcrofts workshops.  I love going on workshops to try new things and spend time with like minded people and friends I have made along the way.  This particularly workshop is just the best though, as I got to spend the morning on a guided tour inside the safety barriers photographing some of the most magnificent cats!!! Followed by an afternoon of drawing a tiger using a white crayon on black paper (def something I will be trying in the future!) The absolute highlight of my day though was getting to see Laila the snow leopard.  I have visited the place numerous times and have only ever seen fleeting glimpses of the snow leopards, but it was to be my lucky day.  She also had the best name (same as my daughters only spelt differently!) I took zillions of photos and I could't wait to get stuck into drawing her.  The only difficult bit was deciding which idea to do first!!  Sadly I've not found as much time as I had hoped this week to get an awful lot done as the twins has been running me ragged!  This weekend I hope to get lots done so I can share with you next week and look at some of my techniques.  



                                                            Laila the snow leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment